Ashby's First Blog Post

   
 
My name is Ashby Belcastro, and this semester I am taking the Geography of  Wine course at Virginia Tech. My experience with wine is close to none, which is one of the main reasons why I am taking this class. In the first video Professor Boyer spoke about learning the language of wine, and that idea really stuck with me.

    The main experience I've had with wine came a few years ago while I was in Spain. Some of my classmates and I were in a tour group there where each night there would be a wine paired with the meal we were having. I have little recollection of the characteristics of the wine, but I do remember being surprised by how well seemingly unrelated flavors could pair with each other. 

    Coming from an Italian family where wine is a staple It seems almost wrong for me to be this out of touch with wine, but by taking this class I hope to remedy that. To speak the language and enjoy wine the same way my parents and grandparents do is a major goal of mine for this class.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Owl Pinot Noir Tasting

Wine and Cheese Pairing

Fifth Note Sauvignon Blanc Tasting